Bleeding Cool has verified that the working title of the upcoming Paramount-Nickelodeon Turtle movie from producer Michael Bay and director Jonathan Libesman is going by the working title of Ninja Turtles. We know all too well where the “Mutant” bit went, but now it seems we’re also losing “Teenage.”
We haven’t been able to get a definite statement as to why this title change is occurring, and our sources are not 100% clear on whether or not the Turtles will indeed be adolescents.
One of our sources has said:
It seems to be driven by marketing. Think of John Carter and how Disney wouldn’t allow for a title with either “Princess” or “Mars”.
Also, I suppose, if they have to remove the word Mutant from the title because it doesn’t make sense any more, you’d want to get rid of Teenage too, for scansion as much as anything else. We can’t take it for granted yet that the Turtles won’t be aged 13-19.
Though, suddenly, I’m starting to think the whole issue of how old they are is going to be dodged. I also expect all of their overtly teenage characteristics are going to be shelved.
More as and when we get it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014