Sometime mixed martial artist and Greco-Roman wrestler Randy Couture played the daftly named character Toll Road in The Expendables, and will be back in the sequel later this year.
I think it sounds likely that he’s going to survive this second instalment too, as he seems to have plans to take part in a third film, which he believes will shoot this Autumn.
You can see Couture speaking to BJJ Addict in this video (you can skip to the salient part if you don’t want to watch the whole thing). And no, I don’t know what a BJJ is. Still, thanks to Dark Horizons for the embed.
The key quote is simply:
Probably gonna start shooting Expendables 3 here in the fall after Expendables 2 comes out in August.
Here’s hoping that The Expendables 2 leaves us all wanting a third instalment.
I think Couture’s best film to date is David Mamet’s Redbelt. It’s not “the Randy Couture show” by any stretch of the imagination, but is an interesting yarn with some good twists and a captivating take on modern day versions of the kind of codes of honour we might find more readily in Samurai films.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014