An interesting day for breaking TV news — a new Doctor Who Companion announced, and our first glimpse of Lucy Liu in the new twist on Sherlock Holmes called Elementary. Liu finished a strong but brief run on Southland this week, during which she definitely developed the chops for crime fighting tv. I’ll be watching out for Elementary.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
There are serious, serious, spoilers for this week’s Batman and Wonder Woman in this post. Both seem to mark turning points and revelations for both characters and their long history. Bleeding Cool recommends you read these comics before returning, to discuss the implications.
it’s by far the most interesting issue of the book so far.
On Monday’s Bleeding Cool, Lee Barnett was critical of the inability of superhero comic books to follow through the technological impact of their abilities on the world around them, as if they were arresting the future.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
If you’re not afraid to find out ahead of the big reveal, or indeed the new series, here’s who the British tabloid press have named as the new Doctor Who companion.
The actress charged with playing the Doctor’s new companion was introduced this morning at a press conference – but the revelations didn’t stop there. Steven Moffat went on to give away a few more details of what we can expect from the upcoming series.
Filming on Elementary, the Holmes-in-New York pilot that will star Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock and Lucy Liu as Dr. Joan Watson, is underway now. The production has been on location around the city in the last couple of days, giving paparazzi their chance to capture Miller and Liu in costume.
- SDCC Vintage Comics: Metropolis Collectibles’ Vincent Zurzolo And An Archie Fan’s Dream Comic - July 26, 2017
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017