WiredWatch: Steve Niles and Matt Pizzolli talk about their new publishing model, Black Mask Studios, to Wired.
“It’s become this monopolized walled garden where you’re only allowed to grow two things: superheroes and movie treatments,” Pizzolo told Wired via e-mail. “We’re going to open new space outside the entrenched market where we can cultivate more subversive experimental and literary comics to reach broader audiences.”
ScalpWatch: David Finch talks about his motivation to draw angry superheroes.
I’ve been bald my whole life due to alopecia and in public school that was tough. I got beat up a lot, I had trouble making friends. I still live that out and it stays with me, still influences my work a lot.
My comic work has been an expression of my own childhood anger. I have more difficulty drawing people laughing or smiling, which is terrible. I have a real hard time with it. It’s not natural for me.
ExhibitionWatch: LitGraphic: The World of the Graphic Novel at Utica’s Munson-
Williams-Proctor Arts Institute Museum of Art and runs through April 29
LegacyWatch: Tront’s Quest – a short film written and directed by filmmaker, Larry O’Neil, son of Denny O’Neil… a sensuous and provocative tale of a Dungeons & Dragons game gone wrong.
They say I am a work in progress. The fools.
I have had several requests from TMNT fans during this past week to comment on the idea of the Turtles being “reimagined” as aliens for the upcoming TMNT movie to be produced by Michael Bay. A few people — who don’t seem to understand that I am no longer in control of the property — want me to stop this, somehow. Obviously, I can’t do that, even if I wanted to.
“Why? Because he can,” Taymor explains. “Because he is woven out of the imagination and now can return in nightmares and daydreams. But who created these super villains? At first we don’t know or care.”
Who are the Nereid and what secret are they keeping? How does Namor’s history intertwine with…Captain Nemo?
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018