Originally conceived as a series for the web, Blood and Chrome was given a TV pilot order and it’s the trailer for that we’ve been enjoying all day.
But despite the very positive reaction to this promo, Syfy have decided not to go ahead with a full series and if they make more episodes, it will be to their original plan for web videos.
Deadline are saying that the pilot is likely to air on TV as a movie. They also quote a new statement from Syfy’s president of original programming, Mark Stern:
We are actively pursuing it as was originally intended: a groundbreaking digital series that will launch to audiences beyond the scope of a television screen. The 90-minute pilot movie will air on Syfy in its entirety at a future date.
Times are tight and so, I guess, Stern’s belt must be too. Shame, though, because I don’t know if a web series is really going to attract the calibre of writing and directing talent the show could use.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014