It was the massive female-focused anthology from Renae De Liz that no comics publisher funded. But that the social networking movement on Kickstarter did, to the tune of six figures. IDW agreed to publish Womanthology: Heroic as a result (at that point it had transformerd from a publishing impossibility to a no brainer) and it was finally published through comic stores this week (as a funder, I’ll have one in the post…)
At WonderCon, IDW announced an ongoing Womanthology series-of-mini-series headed by be De Liz, the first entitled Womanthology: Space! starting in September, listing contributors including Blair Butler, Fiona Staples, Jessica Hickman, Bonnie Burton, Ming Doyle and Stacie Ponder, with three stories in each of the five issues reflecting theme of Space, as well as pinups and serialised stories.
The very existence of Womanthology has inspired much debate and controversy – its continued presence in the marketplace looks likely to continue that.
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Supermans Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017