It was the massive female-focused anthology from Renae De Liz that no comics publisher funded. But that the social networking movement on Kickstarter did, to the tune of six figures. IDW agreed to publish Womanthology: Heroic as a result (at that point it had transformerd from a publishing impossibility to a no brainer) and it was finally published through comic stores this week (as a funder, I’ll have one in the post…)
At WonderCon, IDW announced an ongoing Womanthology series-of-mini-series headed by be De Liz, the first entitled Womanthology: Space! starting in September, listing contributors including Blair Butler, Fiona Staples, Jessica Hickman, Bonnie Burton, Ming Doyle and Stacie Ponder, with three stories in each of the five issues reflecting theme of Space, as well as pinups and serialised stories.
The very existence of Womanthology has inspired much debate and controversy – its continued presence in the marketplace looks likely to continue that.
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Changes Title of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018
- Vaughn Stein Developing Smoketown from Scout Comics as a Movie - January 18, 2018