It was the massive female-focused anthology from Renae De Liz that no comics publisher funded. But that the social networking movement on Kickstarter did, to the tune of six figures. IDW agreed to publish Womanthology: Heroic as a result (at that point it had transformerd from a publishing impossibility to a no brainer) and it was finally published through comic stores this week (as a funder, I’ll have one in the post…)
At WonderCon, IDW announced an ongoing Womanthology series-of-mini-series headed by be De Liz, the first entitled Womanthology: Space! starting in September, listing contributors including Blair Butler, Fiona Staples, Jessica Hickman, Bonnie Burton, Ming Doyle and Stacie Ponder, with three stories in each of the five issues reflecting theme of Space, as well as pinups and serialised stories.
The very existence of Womanthology has inspired much debate and controversy – its continued presence in the marketplace looks likely to continue that.
- Bleeding Cool’s First Cosplay Shots From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 20, 2017
- Tom King Teases ‘Dark Matter’ From DC Comics For December 2017 - July 19, 2017
- ‘Astonisher’ Begins And ‘Noble’ Returns From Catalyst Prime In October - July 19, 2017
- The Tick Takeover Experience At San Diego Comic-Con 2017: One Of The Best Off-Site Activities In Years - July 19, 2017
- Doctor Who: Topps Trading Card For The 13th Doctor Available – That Was Fast - July 19, 2017