It was the massive female-focused anthology from Renae De Liz that no comics publisher funded. But that the social networking movement on Kickstarter did, to the tune of six figures. IDW agreed to publish Womanthology: Heroic as a result (at that point it had transformerd from a publishing impossibility to a no brainer) and it was finally published through comic stores this week (as a funder, I’ll have one in the post…)
At WonderCon, IDW announced an ongoing Womanthology series-of-mini-series headed by be De Liz, the first entitled Womanthology: Space! starting in September, listing contributors including Blair Butler, Fiona Staples, Jessica Hickman, Bonnie Burton, Ming Doyle and Stacie Ponder, with three stories in each of the five issues reflecting theme of Space, as well as pinups and serialised stories.
The very existence of Womanthology has inspired much debate and controversy – its continued presence in the marketplace looks likely to continue that.
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017