According to MacWorld, Comixology is about to launch a new ComiXology HD App for reading comics on the New iPad in glorious retinal definition HD.
You can see the difference in definition above, from Fiona Staples artwork for Saga. It’s likely the difference for art that specialises in fine lines, such as Frank Quitely, Bernie Wrightson or Geoff Darrow would be even more spectacular.
They quote ComiXology’s David Steinberger as saying the files are two to three times larger, but they expect to be able to reduce that. And they will be upgrading its entire catalogue with CMX=HD availability over the next few months, with free upgrades to those who have bought the lower resolution comics. There will also be no price differential for HD files.
I have an iPad2.
- Watchmen, The Justice Society, Flash And Batman – It’s All Happening! - February 24, 2017
- Aspen Denied Free Comic Book Day 2017 – So They Are Doing It Themselves With Aspen Universe: Decimation #0, Free For May - February 24, 2017
- Saudia Arabia Comic Con Condemned By Religious Leaders – But Not Mads Mikkelsen - February 24, 2017
- Tom King Teases Batman/Rorschach Crossover… - February 24, 2017
- What Would A Comics Retailer Tell Their Younger Self Before Opening Their Store? - February 24, 2017