According to MacWorld, Comixology is about to launch a new ComiXology HD App for reading comics on the New iPad in glorious retinal definition HD.
You can see the difference in definition above, from Fiona Staples artwork for Saga. It’s likely the difference for art that specialises in fine lines, such as Frank Quitely, Bernie Wrightson or Geoff Darrow would be even more spectacular.
They quote ComiXology’s David Steinberger as saying the files are two to three times larger, but they expect to be able to reduce that. And they will be upgrading its entire catalogue with CMX=HD availability over the next few months, with free upgrades to those who have bought the lower resolution comics. There will also be no price differential for HD files.
I have an iPad2.
- Warsaw Withdraws Comics Festival Funding After Publisher Gives Out Book Mocking Polish Nationalism - May 28, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – May 28th, 2017 – World’s Greatest Detective Comics - May 28, 2017
- Will Marvel Comics Succumb To Warren Ellis’ Nazi Pitch? - May 28, 2017
- Jae Lee’s New Creator Owned Comic Announced At Phoenix Comic Con – Fey - May 28, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 28th May 2017 – What’s Going On? - May 28, 2017