According to MacWorld, Comixology is about to launch a new ComiXology HD App for reading comics on the New iPad in glorious retinal definition HD.
You can see the difference in definition above, from Fiona Staples artwork for Saga. It’s likely the difference for art that specialises in fine lines, such as Frank Quitely, Bernie Wrightson or Geoff Darrow would be even more spectacular.
They quote ComiXology’s David Steinberger as saying the files are two to three times larger, but they expect to be able to reduce that. And they will be upgrading its entire catalogue with CMX=HD availability over the next few months, with free upgrades to those who have bought the lower resolution comics. There will also be no price differential for HD files.
I have an iPad2.
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017