Taiwanese art student Wong Tin Cheung has won a major art prize from the Kaohsiung Museum of Fine Arts worth $13,500 for an artwork depicting the face of Iron Man, made with a variety of types of his own urine.
A fan of Marvel Comics, he was inspired by finding blood in his urine, to create urine of different colours, to match the Iron Man pigments as closely as possible, with a final flourish with a little saliva. Indeed, he had to keep topping up the bubbles before the judges arrived. The piece, held in a toilet bowl, is called Blood Urine Man.
And yes, it stank. It still won.
You know, I do hope Marvel use this as a variant cover…
- America’s New Cultural Invasion Is Manhwa, Korean Webcomics - November 18, 2017
- Silver Sprocket Signs Distro Deal With Devil – Otherwise Known As Diamond Comic Distributors - November 18, 2017
- Dark Horse Launces Buffy Spinoff ‘Giles’ By Joss Whedon, Erika Alexander, And Jon Lam In February 2018 Solicits - November 18, 2017
- Alan Moore Knows The Score – He’s Sixty-Four - November 18, 2017
- Neal Adams Calls For Auschwitz Museum To Return Paintings To Dina Babbit - November 17, 2017