There are some interesting ideas in this trailer for Starship Troopers: Invasion, not least the business about the Federation psych-checking their soldiers.
That clip premiered at Wondercon yesterday, where there was also a lot of talk about a mobile game that will tie-in narratively, as some kind of prequel to this sequel.
I’m a big fan of Paul Verhoeven‘s live-action Troopers film, quite liked the third in many respects, and would like to think this “direct sequel” to the original will also offer a lot of the same smart, satirical stuff, and the skewering of war mongering propaganda.
Screenwriter Flint Dille‘s credits in TV toons and video game scripts aren’t really things I know much about, so I’m just going to stay optimistic for now.
Here’s the official blurb:
A distant Federation outpost Fort Casey comes under attack by bugs. The team on the fast attack ship Alesia is assigned to help the Starship John A. Warden stationed in Fort Casey evacuate along with the survivors and bring military intelligence safely back to Earth. Carl Jenkins, now ministry of Paranormal Warfare, takes the starship on a clandestine mission before its rendezvous with the Alesia and goes missing in the nebula. Now, the battle-hardened troopers are charged with a rescue mission that may lead to a much more sinister consequence than they ever could have imagined….
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014