Certain Turtle fans are probably going to flip their lids when they play the following video clip of Michael Bay. It comes from the Nickelodeon Upfronts on Wednesday, with Bay talking about the new, live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film that he’s producing and is due in cinemas on Christmas Day 2013.
Tomatoes at the ready?
Here’s the transcript:
When you see this movie, kids will believe one day that these turtles do exist, when we’re done with this movie. These turtles are form an alien race, and they’re going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.
Yep. Aliens. This doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t mutants, but both would seem like overkill to have them be bother.
So they’re Teenage Alien Ninjas now.
Anybody feeling that two out of four ain’t bad?
Now, the actual origins of the characters, back in the Eastman-Laird era, had some common or garden turtles mutate into talking humanoids after exposure to a radioactive substance. The new origin is at least more scientifically viable, eh?
According to Stuff We Like the presentation also featured some animatics from the film, though I doubt they’ll prove to be very accurate. At the moment we’re expecting Jonathan Liebesman to direct the film and he’ll have been up to his neck in Wrath of the Titans of late, likely not pre-planning Turtle action.
Right… who’s going to change the TMNT logo into a TAN one?
Disclaimer: Okay maybe Michael Bay didn’t mean aliens from another planet. Maybe he was just referring to their oddness. Or perhaps they’ll come to New York from Mexico or something. No?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014