Before the Amazing Spider-Man panel set for later this afternoon, director Marc Webb is sitting down with bloggers and journalists at Wondercon. Not all of the interviews are online yet, and some bits and pieces that have turned up are hardly revelatory.
But kudos to CinemaBlend for their short chat with Webb because it ends, really, on a nice fat headline piece.
So, asked if there any hints in The Amazing Spider-Man as to who the villains will be in the subsequent films in the series, director Marc Webb answered, really very plainly.
And with those words launched a guessing game we’ll all be playing for at least four or five months, I’d say, if not two years or more.
Webb then added:
The movie is conceived first and foremost to work as its own entity but there are certain things like… the story of his parents that emotionally and narratively are the long shadow that’s cast over his life. Certainly there are hints to deeper stories but, you know, we’ve got to finish this before we can get to that so it was important that it function on its own.
All along this film has been pitched as the start of a new series, and it’s good to know that the subsequent episode’s stories are being integrated with this one.
Okay, so – who’s crazy enough to make the first villain guess now? I know somebody will be.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014