Avengers Assemble #1 came out yesterday. The credits page is full… Writer Brian Bendis, Penciler Mark Bagley, Inker Danny Miki, Colors Paul Mounts, Letterer VC’s Clayton Cowles, Asst Editor John Denning, Assoc Editor Lauren Sankovitch, Exec Editor Tom Brevoort, Editor In Chief Axel Alonso, Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada, Publisher Dan Buckley and Executive Producer ALan Fine.
The indicia has more, David Bogart, SVP Operations & Procurement, Ruwan Jayatilleke, SVP & Associate Publishing, CB Cebulski, SVP of Creator & Content Development, David Gabriel, SVP of Publishing Sales & Circulation, Michael Pascuillo, SVP of Brand Plannng & Communications, Jim O’Keefe, VP Operations & LOgistics, Dan Carr, Executive Director of Publishing Technology, Susan Crespi, Editorial Operations Manager, Alex Morales, Publishing Operations Manager and Stan Lee, Chairman Emeritus…
In fact, Stan Lee is the only creator of the Avengers mentioned. Nothing for Jack Kirby, Larry Lieber, Don Heck, or any of the other original contributors.
There is one other creator credit though…
Nothing for Don Heck who co-created Hawkeye with Stan Lee, though.
It’s hardly like Marvel are alone in this however. DC seem to only provide creator credits when legally obliged to, and more DC creators have been able to negotiate such credit. But given the choice, they don’t credit.
In film and TV, it’s common for the original creators of a series to be credited, thanks to union bargaining. Right now Alan Moore seems to be manning that particular picket line alone.
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018