Avengers Assemble #1 came out yesterday. The credits page is full… Writer Brian Bendis, Penciler Mark Bagley, Inker Danny Miki, Colors Paul Mounts, Letterer VC’s Clayton Cowles, Asst Editor John Denning, Assoc Editor Lauren Sankovitch, Exec Editor Tom Brevoort, Editor In Chief Axel Alonso, Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada, Publisher Dan Buckley and Executive Producer ALan Fine.
The indicia has more, David Bogart, SVP Operations & Procurement, Ruwan Jayatilleke, SVP & Associate Publishing, CB Cebulski, SVP of Creator & Content Development, David Gabriel, SVP of Publishing Sales & Circulation, Michael Pascuillo, SVP of Brand Plannng & Communications, Jim O’Keefe, VP Operations & LOgistics, Dan Carr, Executive Director of Publishing Technology, Susan Crespi, Editorial Operations Manager, Alex Morales, Publishing Operations Manager and Stan Lee, Chairman Emeritus…
In fact, Stan Lee is the only creator of the Avengers mentioned. Nothing for Jack Kirby, Larry Lieber, Don Heck, or any of the other original contributors.
There is one other creator credit though…
Nothing for Don Heck who co-created Hawkeye with Stan Lee, though.
It’s hardly like Marvel are alone in this however. DC seem to only provide creator credits when legally obliged to, and more DC creators have been able to negotiate such credit. But given the choice, they don’t credit.
In film and TV, it’s common for the original creators of a series to be credited, thanks to union bargaining. Right now Alan Moore seems to be manning that particular picket line alone.
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017
- Original Art Page From Asterix Breaks Records, Sells For $300,000 - January 23, 2017
- Ed Begley Jr Investigates Giant Robot Building With February’s “Build” Loot Crate - January 23, 2017
- Titan Has A Bunch Of Dark Souls And Assassin’s Creed Comics Out For April 2017… - January 23, 2017
- DC Comics Admits That Batman/The Shadow By Scott Snyder, Steve Orlando And Riley Rossmo – Exists - January 23, 2017