A while ago, I had some fun with Avengers Vs X-Men covers, pretending to interpret all their macho posturing, gritted teeth and grappling as if it were some kind of esoteric yaoi, a gay love story between a number of very butch men. And a few butch women come to that. It was silly, meant to be playful, and not meant to be taken seriously.
Marvel however seems to have relished the attention. And are now doing their best to play up to it. Seriously, look at this Brokeback Mutant teaser for Avengers Vs X-Men #2.
Is that known as a “donkey punch”? It’s not like I even have to try anymore.
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017