A while ago, I had some fun with Avengers Vs X-Men covers, pretending to interpret all their macho posturing, gritted teeth and grappling as if it were some kind of esoteric yaoi, a gay love story between a number of very butch men. And a few butch women come to that. It was silly, meant to be playful, and not meant to be taken seriously.
Marvel however seems to have relished the attention. And are now doing their best to play up to it. Seriously, look at this Brokeback Mutant teaser for Avengers Vs X-Men #2.
Is that known as a “donkey punch”? It’s not like I even have to try anymore.
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017
- Transformers: Lost Light #8 Features Trans Women Transformers - July 27, 2017