A while ago, I had some fun with Avengers Vs X-Men covers, pretending to interpret all their macho posturing, gritted teeth and grappling as if it were some kind of esoteric yaoi, a gay love story between a number of very butch men. And a few butch women come to that. It was silly, meant to be playful, and not meant to be taken seriously.
Marvel however seems to have relished the attention. And are now doing their best to play up to it. Seriously, look at this Brokeback Mutant teaser for Avengers Vs X-Men #2.
Is that known as a “donkey punch”? It’s not like I even have to try anymore.
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018