You’ve seen the TV show. Now buy the magazine. In May, DC Comics are launching DC Nation Super Spectacular, based on the block of programming on the Cartoon Network on Saturday Mornings, promising three comic book stories and a bunch of behind the scenes features, 64 pages for $4.99. It’s launched as a one shot, but no doubt if it’s successful, there will be more…
With magazines moving from print to digital, it’s good to see Warners and DC putting muscle behind a new printed magazine like this, clearly in the belief that there’s still a strong market for such a product. And I think they may be right. Could this catch on?
In related news, DC are also using the DC Comics Presents format to reprint a number of Mark Millar’s Superman Adventures stories in June, from when he used to write comics designed for kids, with Aluir Amancio and Terry Austin. Issues 16, 19, 22 and 23, fact fans. See how many Freemason references you can find… gotta catch ’em all!
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: Not Convinced Comic Sales Are Going to Improve Anytime Soon - January 21, 2018