This is still the only publically available photograph of the comic industry’s only billionaire. Scrooge McDuck does not count.
Isaac Perlmutter has just been name-tagged with number 683 on Forbes’ billionaire list, putting him in the one percent of the one percent.
Perlmutter took a billion in dollars and shares from the sale of Marvel to Disney. This made him Disney’s largest shareholder, and he still spends his days at Marvel running the company.
Veteran of the Six Day War, he got there thanks to the toy company he set up with Avi Arad after coming to America, that became Toy Biz, was bought out by Marvel, and in the ensuing bankruptcy of the parent company, found himself on top, owning a quarter of the shares. Emerging from bankruptcy, with strong financial success, he clearly benefited – you can read about the whole battle here. He put off selling the company for years, until Disney made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.
And the recession hasn’t harmed him too much, he was at 1.7 billion in September last year, so he’s estimated to have made $200,000,000 since then…
So.. can anyone get a more recent photograph?
- Three Teases For 2017 And 2018 From Valiant In Their Free Comic Book Day Title #meh - April 26, 2017
- Valiant’s X-O Manowar #2 Sends New Characters To War - April 26, 2017
- A Look Ahead At The Loud House Graphic Novel For Free Comic Book Day - April 26, 2017
- Valiant Validated Signature Series Returns For Secret Weapons #1 - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The Nature Of Paradise Island In Wonder Woman, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017