This is still the only publically available photograph of the comic industry’s only billionaire. Scrooge McDuck does not count.
Isaac Perlmutter has just been name-tagged with number 683 on Forbes’ billionaire list, putting him in the one percent of the one percent.
Perlmutter took a billion in dollars and shares from the sale of Marvel to Disney. This made him Disney’s largest shareholder, and he still spends his days at Marvel running the company.
Veteran of the Six Day War, he got there thanks to the toy company he set up with Avi Arad after coming to America, that became Toy Biz, was bought out by Marvel, and in the ensuing bankruptcy of the parent company, found himself on top, owning a quarter of the shares. Emerging from bankruptcy, with strong financial success, he clearly benefited – you can read about the whole battle here. He put off selling the company for years, until Disney made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.
And the recession hasn’t harmed him too much, he was at 1.7 billion in September last year, so he’s estimated to have made $200,000,000 since then…
So.. can anyone get a more recent photograph?
- Esad Ribic’s Cover for Fantastic Four #1 – and Reed is Keeping the Beard - April 19, 2018
- Venom #1 Relaunch from Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman Tops Advance Reorders - April 19, 2018
- Thanos Goes to Fourth and Third Printings, Domino, Hawkeye, and X-Men Red Get Seconds - April 19, 2018
- Eric Powell’s Video Update – and Albatross Funnybooks Solicits for July 2018 - April 19, 2018
- Stargate Anthology, Moon Maid, Ant & The Aardvark and Zorro Goes to Hell Launch in American Mythology July 2018 Solicits - April 19, 2018