After a bit of a lull, we have Image first issue fever on us again. Anything published in recent weeks with an issue 1 on it, is rocketing in value. Check your purchases over the last few weeks, they could fund your next trip to the comic shop.
Take Fatale #1, successfully selling for $28.
Peter Panzerfaust #1 now selling for $15.50 and there’s a bit of a mad rush to get copies.
Prophet #21 which is basically a first issue is also at $15 book.
Alpha Girl #1 is selling for $14.
No Place Like Home #1 is already going for $12.
Thief Of Thieves #1 is selling for $11, with the Image Comics Expo variant selling for $30 and the Comics Pro Retailer Variant topping $150.
But it’s not all Image. Road Rage #1 from IDW has just hit $10.50,
Boom’s Adventure Time #1 has hit $18 and has sold out its second issue a week before it’s on sale and Boom will be reprinting – here’s your first look at that second print cover.
News of the Crossed ongoing twice-monthly series seems to have revived interest in that title, the first issue by Ennis and Burrows hitting $8.50 and the recent Crossed Psychopath 7 issue series selling for $35. It might be worth keeping an eye on this one when C-Day happens.
Tomorrow, Image Comics publish Hell Yeah #1 and The Manhattan Projects #1. I’m calling it, if you buy those comics, and flip them in one or two weeks, you will make money.
Fuck it, I think you might well score with Supurbia #1 from Boom! as well, it’s that good. I’ve read an advance copy and though it’s being sold as Desperate Housewives meets superheroes, it is so much more than that, and I see it as the new Squadron Supreme. But better. A rich, multilayered, superhero universe tale that just seems to make so much sense. There’s no way retailers have ordered enough of this comic, it is going to explode…
There’s just something in the air right now. Currently, everything is the next Chew… go on, fill your boots!
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017