Captain Marvel is another one of those characters about which I find myself in random internet arguments over how viable they are in modern comics. It’s like this: 1) Any character, with any history anywhere is just one reboot away from being a star with the right creative team and the full faith and credit of Marvel or DC behind them. The New 52 is a little bit about testing that, I think. And 2) Captain Marvel is just cool. There’s been a huge amount of interest in every post about his return since word started leaking out last fall.
(aside: holy crap that Edgar Church copy Whiz Comics #22 is smokin’)
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
DC Comics have given them details on the new Captain Marvel, renamed Shazam! so as not to give their rival any free advertising whatsoever.
And now David Mazzucchelli has entered the fray talking about next week’s deluxe edition reprint of Batman: Year One to the Comics Journal;
Told you something like this might be happening. Something Avengers Vs X-Men related. Maybe something Infinity Gauntlet related. Possibly a new way of experiencing a comic. All you can eat subscription that includes new comics? Maybe comics projected onto the inside of our eyelids? Aw hell, I don’t know.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
Here’s a full-length, high quality version of last night’s new opening sequence for The Simpsons, couch gag and all. Perfect timing as Game of Thrones is released on Blu-ray in the UK today and in the US tomorrow.
John Carter is at its heart a de-cheesed rethink of the 1980 Mike Hodges gem Flash Gordon. In a good way.
Well, here we are at the Orland Park Civic Center in Orland Park, IL, home of the second DanCon comic convention. DanCon was envisioned as a convention for independent comic creators to help them get their stuff out. This year was much bigger than last year. Dan Royer worked hard to make this happen, including a cross promotion with a local radio station, including an appearance by Ben Templesmith and other fun stuff. And how did it work out?
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016
- Mantis, Baby Groot, And 60+ Screencaps From The New Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Trailer - December 3, 2016