In the battle of One Million Moms (who have now moved onto protesting against ABC’s TV series Good Christian Belles) vs The Pink Pound, it seems the latter have won. Life With Archie #16, featuring the marriage of Kevin Keller to his boyfriend on the cover, in full military attire, sold today for $50 a pop on eBay. These were “Buy It Now” listings, the actual price people might be willing to pay could be higher still.
The initial media fuss caused by the comic seemed to be handled rather reasonably and the book was selling for around $4 last week. That’s when the One Million Moms group got involved. The book had sold out from the publisher and the new media interest saw the comic’s value rocket. The price is still unstable, copies could potentially be exchanging hands for $100 by the weekend.
As a piece of LGBT history, this has the potential to be a collectable item for quite some time…
Marvel, DC, take note.
- Secret Empire Plot Affects Marvel Comics’ Memorial Day Tribute - May 29, 2017
- Arya, A New Comic From Sofia Savila And Minjun Chen, Out This August - May 29, 2017
- What Happens In Batman #24 That Will Change Batman From #25 Onward? - May 29, 2017
- For Memorial Day, Sam Glanzman Remembers - May 29, 2017
- Update: What Comic Art Scammer Josh Hoopes Looks Like Today - May 29, 2017