In the battle of One Million Moms (who have now moved onto protesting against ABC’s TV series Good Christian Belles) vs The Pink Pound, it seems the latter have won. Life With Archie #16, featuring the marriage of Kevin Keller to his boyfriend on the cover, in full military attire, sold today for $50 a pop on eBay. These were “Buy It Now” listings, the actual price people might be willing to pay could be higher still.
The initial media fuss caused by the comic seemed to be handled rather reasonably and the book was selling for around $4 last week. That’s when the One Million Moms group got involved. The book had sold out from the publisher and the new media interest saw the comic’s value rocket. The price is still unstable, copies could potentially be exchanging hands for $100 by the weekend.
As a piece of LGBT history, this has the potential to be a collectable item for quite some time…
Marvel, DC, take note.
- Will You Tweet #WhereIsLoisLaneMerchandise? - August 20, 2017
- Hope Nicholson’s Collection Of Intersectional Gothic Romance Stories, Now On Kickstarter - August 20, 2017
- The Comic Store That Will Order All The Marvel Lenticular Covers, Actually - August 20, 2017
- Aspen Refuses Reprints Of Damaged Metal #1 Variants To Make Them More Collectible - August 20, 2017
- The DC Universe And The Rebirth Of Finding Joy In Comics - August 20, 2017