In the battle of One Million Moms (who have now moved onto protesting against ABC’s TV series Good Christian Belles) vs The Pink Pound, it seems the latter have won. Life With Archie #16, featuring the marriage of Kevin Keller to his boyfriend on the cover, in full military attire, sold today for $50 a pop on eBay. These were “Buy It Now” listings, the actual price people might be willing to pay could be higher still.
The initial media fuss caused by the comic seemed to be handled rather reasonably and the book was selling for around $4 last week. That’s when the One Million Moms group got involved. The book had sold out from the publisher and the new media interest saw the comic’s value rocket. The price is still unstable, copies could potentially be exchanging hands for $100 by the weekend.
As a piece of LGBT history, this has the potential to be a collectable item for quite some time…
Marvel, DC, take note.
- Michael B. Jordan Really Wanted to Play T’Challa in Black Panther - February 24, 2018
- 42 Exclusive Comics at ECCC 2018 from Aspen, Dark Horse, Boom, DC, Oni, Valiant, Vault, and More - February 24, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, February 24th, 2018 – Batman Poisons Its Ivy - February 24, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 Out This Week… for the Very First Time - February 24, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018