In the battle of One Million Moms (who have now moved onto protesting against ABC’s TV series Good Christian Belles) vs The Pink Pound, it seems the latter have won. Life With Archie #16, featuring the marriage of Kevin Keller to his boyfriend on the cover, in full military attire, sold today for $50 a pop on eBay. These were “Buy It Now” listings, the actual price people might be willing to pay could be higher still.
The initial media fuss caused by the comic seemed to be handled rather reasonably and the book was selling for around $4 last week. That’s when the One Million Moms group got involved. The book had sold out from the publisher and the new media interest saw the comic’s value rocket. The price is still unstable, copies could potentially be exchanging hands for $100 by the weekend.
As a piece of LGBT history, this has the potential to be a collectable item for quite some time…
Marvel, DC, take note.
- Yes, Avengers #675 Starts A Weekly Avengers Title With A Lot Of Creators - September 26, 2017
- Ed Piskor’s Next Comic Is A Shoe Box Story Of How Baltimore Saved The Nike AF-1 - September 26, 2017
- Ask For Mercy: A New Comic From Richard Starkings And Abz-J-Harding - September 26, 2017
- Fifteen Big Spoilers For Tomorrow’s Marvel Legacy #1 – In Order Of Spoileriness - September 26, 2017
- What Titan Comics’ Doctor Might Look Like In 2018 - September 26, 2017