In the battle of One Million Moms (who have now moved onto protesting against ABC’s TV series Good Christian Belles) vs The Pink Pound, it seems the latter have won. Life With Archie #16, featuring the marriage of Kevin Keller to his boyfriend on the cover, in full military attire, sold today for $50 a pop on eBay. These were “Buy It Now” listings, the actual price people might be willing to pay could be higher still.
The initial media fuss caused by the comic seemed to be handled rather reasonably and the book was selling for around $4 last week. That’s when the One Million Moms group got involved. The book had sold out from the publisher and the new media interest saw the comic’s value rocket. The price is still unstable, copies could potentially be exchanging hands for $100 by the weekend.
As a piece of LGBT history, this has the potential to be a collectable item for quite some time…
Marvel, DC, take note.
- New Fighting American Series for March 2018 from Gordon Rennie, Andy Tong and Jerry Ordway - December 18, 2017
- Orbital Comics Opens Jack Kirby Gallery, Featuring Homages to the King - December 18, 2017
- Dennis Barger Suffers Mild Heart Attack; Well Wishes from All at Bleeding Cool - December 17, 2017
- The Comic Shop that Helped Inspire a Book Store - December 17, 2017
- Marvel Comics Vs. Monster Energy Trial Delayed a Month, Will Stretch into 2019 - December 17, 2017