I understand that as of yesterday, initial orders for Avengers Vs X-Men #1 had outsurpassed those of Justice League #1.
Last year, DC announced to the Los Angeles Times that Justice League #1 had pre-orders of over 200,000 – although the ICV2 estimate which didn’t include UK orders ran at 171,344. The 200,000 may have also included news stand copies. Subsequent printings of Justice League #1 however put it well over the 300,000 mark in the direct market.
Bleeding Cool reported that preorders through Diamond for Avengers Vs X-Men #1 have gone past 200,000, beating those for Civil War #1. I now understand they’ve gone further, and have it confirmed they are now ahead of Justice League #1.
I did show the other day how, for some retailers, Marvel are all but giving their copies away, but this is spilling over into other titles as well. Avengers Vs X-Men #0 is Marvel’s best selling prelude book to date.
Basically, I think you may have to wade through copies of this in a couple of months…
- Comic Book Artist Oliver Nome Has Passed Away - March 25, 2017
- Frank Cho’s Movie Poster For Scott Sava’s Animal Crackers Is A Comic Strip - March 25, 2017
- Marvel Liquidates 115 Collections To Comic Stores – Including out Of Print Runaways TPBS - March 25, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future – I’m Only Following Orders - March 25, 2017
- Man In Joker Cosplay Arrested In Virginia, Could Get Five Years - March 25, 2017