I understand that as of yesterday, initial orders for Avengers Vs X-Men #1 had outsurpassed those of Justice League #1.
Last year, DC announced to the Los Angeles Times that Justice League #1 had pre-orders of over 200,000 – although the ICV2 estimate which didn’t include UK orders ran at 171,344. The 200,000 may have also included news stand copies. Subsequent printings of Justice League #1 however put it well over the 300,000 mark in the direct market.
Bleeding Cool reported that preorders through Diamond for Avengers Vs X-Men #1 have gone past 200,000, beating those for Civil War #1. I now understand they’ve gone further, and have it confirmed they are now ahead of Justice League #1.
I did show the other day how, for some retailers, Marvel are all but giving their copies away, but this is spilling over into other titles as well. Avengers Vs X-Men #0 is Marvel’s best selling prelude book to date.
Basically, I think you may have to wade through copies of this in a couple of months…
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017