Earlier tonight, the Prometheus viral took another turn, and resulted in the unveiling of a new, quite absurdly complex image. I missed it all going on in real time, but was able to catch up from the film’s Facebook page.
You’ll want to see this at full size.
We know this is the chamber in which the Space Jockey’s piloting seat appears, as we see it coming up out of the ground in the trailer. And we can recognise a member of the Prometheus crew from their suit – probably Fassbender, judging from the hair.
While this might appear to be some kind of star chart or three dimensional map, these patterns don’t actually correspond to anything you could go fly around, necessarily. And if you look to see what the little components making up this patter actually are, they seem to be small icons.
I don’t know if we can quite second guess this thing’s purpose quite yet (though the original file was given the name 6EQUJ5…)
It’s safe to say this shot is going to look quite remarkable in 3D.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014