We saw Nova on the promo for whatever this Stuart Immonen Infinite Comics Marvel thing is, and appearing in Point One. Even though last time we saw him, Nova was a goner.
Jeph Loeb stated that Nova appearing in the Ultimate Spider-Man TV animation would be a new character, Sam Alexander, following the death of Rich Rider in The Thanos Imperative – in both a different continuity and medium. So if they go to that extent to give us a new Nova, odds are we’ll be getting a new Nova in the comics. And probably Sam Alexander. It’s called synergy. We saw him in Point One, we’ve seen him in this promo, it’s probably a big thing.
And there’s a lot of it about. The Angela Del Toro version of White Tiger has been supplanted by Ava Ayala in recent issues of Avengers Academy, because Ayala is the name of the Ultimate Spider-Man version. Reptil from Super Hero Squad was also shoehorned into the comic’s predecessor title Avengers The Initiative also written by Christos Gage… he has form in this regard.
There was HERBIE in the Fantastic Four comics, Firestar joined the Hellions, not to mention all the Superman carry on with Smallville and the early radio series.
And of course, it looks like Battle Scars is giving us a new black Nick Fury to match the Ultimate and movie version of the character.
But despite all of this synergy, the TV version of Spider-Man is the white Peter Parker while the comic is the black Miles Morales.
How long before the TV version makes that switch as well?
- Ryan North’s Passion For Dinosaurs Bleeds Into Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (SPOILERS) - July 28, 2017
- Marvel Comics Misgenders Its Own Superheroes In Marvel Book Previews - July 28, 2017
- Joe Quesada Lenticular Cover For Marvel Legacy #1 Is Now “Order All You Want” - July 28, 2017
- Simon Furman Announced To Write Robotech For Titan Comics - July 28, 2017
- Avatar Press Runs 75% Off ComiXology Sale: Jonathan Hickman, Alan Moore, Warren Ellis, And More - July 28, 2017