It’s not unusual for old faces to make cameos in horror sequels, but both Dieter Laser and Laurence R. Harvey have signed on to play lead roles in The Human Centipede Part 3, which will be shot later this year in the US. Spoilers for both previous films to follow, you have been warned.
The story comes from Entertainment Weekly, and it’s an interesting revelation which suggests that the second sequel will be as much of a game-changer as the first, which was set in “reality” and concerned a man obsessed with the recording of the original film. The return of both Laser and Harvey is feasible if The Human Centipede Part 3 is a continuation of the storyline from the second film. Although Doctor Heiter received a bullet in the brain at the end of the first film, it is possible that Laser may return to play himself, as Ashlynn Yennie did in Part 2. Martin, the character played by Harvey, apparently survived the events of Part 2 despite a rather unfortunate incident involving a Very Hungry Centipede and a funnel. Let’s not go into details.
It’s worth mentioning that I asked writer/director Tom Six at Big Screen last year whether he himself was planning to make a cameo in the sequels. His response was something like this:
Coupled with a slightly shifty-eyed look. The director made an appearance in the first teaser trailer for The Human Centipede Part 2, so we know that he’s not afraid to get in front of the camera. Will the third instalment of the series go even more meta than the second and allow the auteur into the fray?
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012