Our first image of Nick Fury, and we’re looking up to him as he commands the frame. Note Steve Rogers focusing on Fury too.
You can see “energy beam” weapons being fired here, in the reflection. And they don’t seem to be aimed particularly tactically, as though the intent might simply be to destroy. Naughty… mystery aliens.
So, the cops and military are on the scene. Not up to this particular task perhaps, but at least able to show, and serve as energy-beam fodder.
The signs for Madison and SUNY State College of Optometry are a good bit of verisimilitude for a sequence that was, apparently, shot in Cleveland.
Now, look at the chap on the left of frame. His name is Morbitzer. The poet BJ Morbitzer wrote the following lines:
I will not give up.
I will not turn around.
I am a soldier,
Marching Heaven bound.
Probably just a coincidence, but still.
No, not a shot from a remake of Inception.
From the Mac logo and distinctive big lump of masonry in the background it would appear that this is happening in the same bit of street as the second shot of the trailer, and presumably earlier in time because I certainly don’t remember all of this orange patio furniture.
Of course, trying to assemble chronology from fragments like this is a fool’s game. There’s every chance the film won’t play exactly by the rules, looking for a better sequence at the expense of strict continuity.
And I support that 100%.
Putting us side-by-side with the gunner. I’m sure we’ll have a very good idea what he’s shooting at right now when this shot plays out in context.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014