It’s been a while since we heard he was interested in the project, but Russell Crowe is finally locking down his deal to play Noah for Darren Aronofsky. Here’s how the director has described the character previously:
Noah was the first person to plant vineyards and drink wine and get drunk. It’s there in the Bible – it was one of the first things he did when he reached land. There was some real survivor’s guilt going on there. He’s a dark, complicated character.”
I can feel the Crowe-ness.
Variety say that now the deal is being squared off, the shoot is being set for July. I can’t deny that I like the sound of this one.
Previously: images from the comic book version of Noah that Aronofsky has created with illustrator Nico Henrichon. I’d guess publication will be stalled while the movie is made.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014