The best bit of the sprawling press release is a kind of plot blurb.
The Lone Ranger is a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice —- taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.”
That’s the best bit. Here’s the second best bit.
Depp plays spirit warrior Tonto in The Lone Ranger, with Armie Hammer (The Social Network, J. Edgar) starring in the title role. Depp and Hammer are joined by a prestigious international cast which includes Tom Wilkinson, two-time Academy Award nominee (Michael Clayton, In the Bedroom) and Golden Globe® and Emmy® winner (John Adams); William Fichtner (Jerry Bruckheimer’s productions of Armageddon, Pearl Harbor and Black Hawk Down); Emmy Award-winner Barry Pepper (TV’s The Kennedys, True Grit, Saving Private Ryan); James Badge Dale (The Grey, TV’s The Pacific and Rubicon); Ruth Wilson (television’s Jane Eyre and Luther); and two-time Academy Award nominee and six-time Golden Globe nominee Helena Bonham Carter (The King’s Speech, Alice in Wonderland). The film is slated to open in the US on May 31, 2013.
We’ll skip the rest, I think.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014