I don’t know what IC Press is, but it appears to be a version of the AP that serves Hungary. Several websites over there have passed on the same Ridley Scott quote in the last couple of days, all crediting it to this same source.
And now it’s going international. It’s a juicy quote – it would do, even if the IC Press doesn’t exist and we’re all being had by a Hungarian bloggers conspiracy.
I’ll give you an English translation of Scott’s revelations, courtesy of AVP Galaxy and Google, but this could be a super spoiler, so please don’t say I didn’t warn you:
When the first Alien movie and Blade Runner were made, I thought that in the near future the world will be owned by large companies. This is why we have the Tyrell Corporation in Blade Runner, and Weyland-Yutani in Alien. They sent the Nostromo spaceship.
The Prometheus is owned by an entrepreneur called Peter Weyland, and is played by Guy Pearce. That’s the connection between the two films, and nothing more. Prometheus is a new film, a new world, and is full of new ideas. And of course new monsters as well.
Huh? No Alien aliens?
Well, there were definitely, 100% some Alien aliens on the set, I’m sure of that, and I completely, utterly trust the source that first told me this, something like nine months ago.
There are four main possibilities here, I think.
- Scott is fibbing about Peter Weyland being the only link to Alien.
- There’s an issue with the translation.
- The oldest of the online source stories, at Mozinezo, is bunkum and all of their peers just copied them blindly.
- The Alien aliens are actually real creatures and not men in suits, and were just stopping by the set to see their old mucker Ridley.
Actually, I think I may have miscounted.
It’s going to be a weird world when Prometheus is finally with us and all of the fog has been cleared away. In some way it’s starting to feel like a mystery that should never be solved, and just shunted back and forth through contradictory interview quotes until the end of time.
But it is going to come out, this summer. I guess the best I can hope for is that the baton of confusion will be passed on to the Blade Runner spin-off.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014