Tom Huxley watches TV and writes for Bleeding Cool;
Stan Lee made his appearance on The One Show just now, as part of his UK trip to the London Super Comic Convention – a convention the show’s host Chris Evans couldn’t remember the name of, finally settling on “an important convention”. (Stan remarked that “I’d hope that it’s important, I wouldn’t want to travel all the way across the ocean for a comic convention that wasn’t important.”)
But rather than appearing for the full hour, as non-entity TV presenters Vernon Kay and Claudia Winkleman did, Stan was relegated to a short five minute conversation. As he was ushered off the sofa by Evans (who called Stan “the best guest we’ve ever had”), Stan protested, or at least affected a protest, asking “Is that it? I was only just getting started!”
Up until his interview, the 89-year-old Stan had been shown standing on the sidelines, unsupported, while 37-year-old Vernon Kay and 40-year-old Claudia Winkleman were sat comfortably on a sofa for the full hour. Perhaps proving that Stan is as resilient as the many superhero characters he’s famous for.
Oh and while Paul Gambaccini and Si Spurrier were featured in a video piece beforehand,
Mark Millar’s One Show bit ended up on the cutting room floor. Bryan Hitch reports that both he and Mark were unavailable, rather than cut.
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Puts Five Million Comics In The Classroom, Announces Kid Sherlock, Albert Einstein: Time Mason, Stray, Midnight Tiger And The Ghost, The Owl - April 27, 2017
- Heading Towards 100,000 For X-O Manowar #1’s Third Printing - April 27, 2017