Tom Huxley watches TV and writes for Bleeding Cool;
Stan Lee made his appearance on The One Show just now, as part of his UK trip to the London Super Comic Convention – a convention the show’s host Chris Evans couldn’t remember the name of, finally settling on “an important convention”. (Stan remarked that “I’d hope that it’s important, I wouldn’t want to travel all the way across the ocean for a comic convention that wasn’t important.”)
But rather than appearing for the full hour, as non-entity TV presenters Vernon Kay and Claudia Winkleman did, Stan was relegated to a short five minute conversation. As he was ushered off the sofa by Evans (who called Stan “the best guest we’ve ever had”), Stan protested, or at least affected a protest, asking “Is that it? I was only just getting started!”
Up until his interview, the 89-year-old Stan had been shown standing on the sidelines, unsupported, while 37-year-old Vernon Kay and 40-year-old Claudia Winkleman were sat comfortably on a sofa for the full hour. Perhaps proving that Stan is as resilient as the many superhero characters he’s famous for.
Oh and while Paul Gambaccini and Si Spurrier were featured in a video piece beforehand,
Mark Millar’s One Show bit ended up on the cutting room floor. Bryan Hitch reports that both he and Mark were unavailable, rather than cut.
- Marvel Comics To Send Out Replacement Copies Of Darth Maul #5 - July 21, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes – From X-Men Blue To Batwoman - July 21, 2017
- The Cosplay, Stars And Parties Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 On A Thursday In 125 Pictures - July 21, 2017
- Nerdcore Thursday With MC Chris AKA MC PeePants From ATHF - July 21, 2017
- How Will 3D, VR, Streaming And Social Media Change Entertainment? Bigwigs Asked At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017