Tom Huxley watches TV and writes for Bleeding Cool;
Stan Lee made his appearance on The One Show just now, as part of his UK trip to the London Super Comic Convention – a convention the show’s host Chris Evans couldn’t remember the name of, finally settling on “an important convention”. (Stan remarked that “I’d hope that it’s important, I wouldn’t want to travel all the way across the ocean for a comic convention that wasn’t important.”)
But rather than appearing for the full hour, as non-entity TV presenters Vernon Kay and Claudia Winkleman did, Stan was relegated to a short five minute conversation. As he was ushered off the sofa by Evans (who called Stan “the best guest we’ve ever had”), Stan protested, or at least affected a protest, asking “Is that it? I was only just getting started!”
Up until his interview, the 89-year-old Stan had been shown standing on the sidelines, unsupported, while 37-year-old Vernon Kay and 40-year-old Claudia Winkleman were sat comfortably on a sofa for the full hour. Perhaps proving that Stan is as resilient as the many superhero characters he’s famous for.
Oh and while Paul Gambaccini and Si Spurrier were featured in a video piece beforehand,
Mark Millar’s One Show bit ended up on the cutting room floor. Bryan Hitch reports that both he and Mark were unavailable, rather than cut.
- Marvel’s One Per Store Variant Covers – Collect The Set? from Mighty Captain Marvel To Venom - January 17, 2017
- Dark Horse To Publish Omnibus Of Buffy Season 8 Written By Joss Whedon, Bryan K Vaughan, Drew Goddard And More - January 17, 2017
- Tessa Hulls’ Journey Into Her Family’s Past Uncovers The Life Of An Extraordinary Woman - January 17, 2017
- Where To Get Your Copy Of RESIST!, The Anti-Trump, Pro-Female Comic Published For The Inauguration - January 17, 2017
- John Layman And Sam Kieth Create Eleanor & The Egret From AfterShock Comics - January 17, 2017