It was somewhat surprising, to me at least, that Peter Berg and Will Smith had been having recent sit-down chats about the future for Hancock, their super anti-hero.
But I’ll be even more surprised, I think, if and when I see cameras are rolling on a sequel. It already seems unlikely enough that they’re even trying to get one made.
But Peter Berg continues to challenge my cycnicism on this front.
Speaking to CineHeroes, he’s even given a specific time frame for when he thinks Hancock 2 is going to get going.
Now, they’ve run the interview in French, but Pierre from the site offered me this English version of the Hancock 2 quote:
This should be done. We are in talks. Once our respective projects will be finished, that Will Smith is finished with Men In Black 3, once I’m done with Battleship and Lone Survivor, we will. I talked with Will Smith, he is always ready.
I feel that’s more likely to be a backwards-forwards translation of a translation than the original English as it came from Berg’s mouth, don’t you?
But it doesn’t matter one bit, the story is clear: the Navy Seal story Lone Survivor is next for Berg, while Smith is finishing up on After Earth and all of his promotional duties, and then we’ll be getting Hancock 2.
That’s definitely the story Berg is telling. He says “then we will” and everything. Yeah.
Oh, I wonder if it will turn out to be a true story?
Lest we forget, Will Smith is also having an I Am Legend sequel drawn up.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014