The much-coveted role of Robocop in Jose Padilha‘s reboot looks set to go to Joel Kinnaman. MGM have made him an offer and, honestly, I’ll eat my weird titanium helmet if he passes.
Kinnaman is the star in the Snabba Cash films, retitled for the US market as Easy Money. The second of those is due for release in the summer, so let’s have a look at its trailer now.
You may also have seen him in the US remake of The Killing, in a minor role in Fincher’s The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and he’s got a role in Safe House, out today in the UK.
It remains to be seen how closely this do-over will shadow the original’s plotline and structure, and the new Robocop may not even be quite the same guy. Padilha told me a little about his ideas, but the project is definitely still deep in mystery.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014