The first casting had The Rock and Mark Wahlberg set as a pair of bodybuilders who hatch a kidnap scheme. John Turturro then entered negotiations for the role of their victim, and Ed Harris and Rob Corddry signed on for supporting roles. Now a third bodybuilder has been found, in the guise of Anthony Mackie, previously of The Hurt Locker, The Adjustment Bureau, and as the man who played Tupac in Notorious.
According to Variety, Mackie’s character is to be called Adrian Doorbal, which lends itself to both “ding dong” and “dumb bell” jokes if he turns out to be a dummy. Yeah, that’s right. I should write jokes for Michael Bay movies.
Doorbal is another bodybuilder that somehow gets sucked into the kidnapping scheme and, I should imagine, runs a real risk of coming to a sticky end when it all goes wrong.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014