It seems that the producers of Arrow, the upcoming CW series built on The Green Arrow, are planning ahead. Not only have they included a Dinah “Laurel” Lance, ready to become the Black Canary when needed, they’ve now cast a Tommy Merlyn.
Deadline are reporting that the role has gone to Collin Donnell, who has just the colouring to become Merlyn the Archer. As well, of course, as the right surname.
More evidence of his antagonistic position lies in the casting call description of the role:
28 years old and devil-smooth, Tommy is a trustafarian like Oliver, a spectacularly rich young man whose life revolves around parties, clubs, liquor and lots of anonymous sex. Unlike Oliver, he can’t seem to understand his former best friend’s sudden change of lifestyle and direction.”
But who knows how long we’ll have to wait before he takes up his bow?
There’s every chance, of course, that the show won’t even last long enough to get that far. I’ve noticed how happy US networks are to kill off TV series when they’ve barely gotten going. Don’t you wish it was like the UK where, in almost all circumstances, a whole run is shot and scheduled before the first episode airs? Let me tell you, my American chums: it’s pretty darn good over here.
Most of the time.
- Titus Welliver Is Like Us - He Has More Toys In His Collection Than Space To Display Them
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015