Auntie Beeb has issued this first image from the set of the next series of Doctor Who, which started filming just yesterday. As you can see, Eleven is still rocking more-or-less the same get-up. I think any changes must be pretty minor because a) I can’t really see any and b) the internet hasn’t melted.
So here are Arthur Darvill, Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and that lovely blue box, all together again.
Matching blue and white stripes for the Ponds. How sweet.
Two more actors have been confirmed for the next run. We found out yesterday that Mark Williams is on board, and now another Harry Potter alum has signed up: David Bradley, who played Argus Filch. He’s been bagging a lot of genre roles of late, from Game of Thrones to the Captain America picture, and he’s got a role in Bad Sugar, an upcoming spoof of telenovela-style melodramas from the writers of Peep Show.*
Definitely familiar to fans of Steven Moffat will be Rupert Graves, last seen as Inspector Lestrade in Sherlock.
Fine actors, and I hope they’ve been given great roles.
Filming on the seventh series of Who will continue until late into the year. We’re currently expecting the first episode to air in November, though absolutely nothing official has been said and, for all we know, nothing official has been signed off on.
But when we do know, you’ll know.
*Yes, a spoof of telenovela-style melodramas from Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong the writers of Peep Show. Wow. And it’s got Peter Serafinowicz, Olivia Colman, Julia Davis, Sharon Horgan and Reece Shearsmith in it too.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014