A street in Welsh seaside resort Penarth became the first location for the new series of Doctor Who this morning, when shooting got underway on some scenes with the Ponds and an interesting guest star.
A sweep of Twitter yielded these pictures of Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill on set, as well as The Fast Show‘s Mark Williams.
There’s a lot of talk about Williams playing Rory’s dad, but I can’t quite track it down to a source. Still, look – they’ve got the same taste in jackets, whoever they are.
This image reveals the director and the DP, as well as some sort of context for where the scene being filmed fits into its episode.
Saul Metzstein directed the features Late Night Shopping and Guy X, as well as a documentary on Dogme 95.
Thanks to Ryan Farrell, Katherine Smith and Grace Jenkins, the latter of whom actually lives in the house that’s being used as Pondbase central and who didn’t quite tidy up for the film crew as well as you might expect:
— Grace Jenkins (@gracejenks) February 20, 2012
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014