She didn’t seem too sure when I asked her about it a couple of weeks back, but it seems that Miss Piggy will go to the ball, afterall.
According to The Academy, Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog are to present an award at the Oscars come February 26th. It hasn’t been announced which category they’ll be covering, but I hope it isn’t Best Animated Film, not after Kermit’s comments at their recent London press conference:
Meanwhile, Man or Muppet has been nominated for Best Original Song but, in an act of ridiculous short-sightedness, the Academy and the show’s producers have decided that they won’t have the original song nominees performed during the show this year.
Basically, they’ve turned down the possibility to have a live musical number from The Muppets in the middle of their ceremony. Are they bloody nuts?
Kermit and Piggy top off a growing list of presenters for the show that also include the rather Kermit-derivative Liz Lemon, or at least her alter ago, Tina Fey. I hope they don’t accidentally touch back stage – that could lead to total protonic reversal, all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014