We swear this photo of Katie Cassidy isn’t just here for gratuitous reasons. No, this is the closest we could find to the costume that she’ll no doubt be donning in the CW network’s pilot of their show based on the Green Arrow comics, which is simply called Arrow. According to Deadline, Cassidy has just been cast in the role of Dinah “Laurel” Lance AKA Black Canary.
The actress is no stranger to the CW network, having previously appeared in Gossip Girl, Supernatural and Melrose Place. She also appeared recently in Samuel Bayer’s remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street.
Many of the announced characters have yet to be cast, but Cassidy will be joining Stephen Amell, who was given the role of Oliver Queen/Green Arrow earlier this month. Amell is a veteran TV actor who will be playing the lead for the first time. If nothing else, he definitely has the arms to pull this role off. Mmm.
Oh, what? This story is illustrated with a photo of Katie Cassidy in a bikini. You were expecting highbrow commentary?
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012