According to an unnamed source with good working knowledge of the Transformers films, early plans for the upcoming fourth installment are set to shake up the tone and style of the series, yet still structure it as a sequel to the three previous pictures.
So, while you can expect the same robots, and imagine they’ll be more or less looking and sounding the same, it’s time to kiss goodbye to Sam Witwicky, his cartoonish girlfriends and buffonish parents.
This source told Badass Digest:
Michael realized it needs to be more like the last hour [of Dark of the Moon]. So expect lots of big action, lots of carnage, lots of military badasses, very few silly bits.
Very few silly bits… bit not an altogether absence of silly bits? Score one for auteur theory. See also: lots of military badasses.
I think we’ve known for some time that Witwicky was out, but this promise to ditch the goofing around for more slam-bam, if they stick to it, sounds like good commercial sense. Nobody went to a Transformers film for the gags, did they?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014