ShirtWatch: Threadless launch a new Normalmanish T-shirt…
BoomWatch: Boom are running a new teaser campaign for an upcoming comic labeled “You Are Illegal On This Earth”.
AwardWatch: The French comics festoival Chamberry has announced a new annual comics award especially for Taiwanese artists.
They say I am a work in progress. The fools.
As I was writing this piece, Comikaze has taken down their homepage. But look what I saw moments before they did! A screen grab of a news story that POW!, Regina and Stan probably don’t want you to see until later this week. That’s what you get for ignoring calls, Reg!
Comic creator Mark Crilley’s How-To-Draw Youtube channel hits 500,000 subscribers.
The past month has opened up several unhealed wounds in comics- the new Watchmen comics, the Ghost Rider ruling, and the Walking Dead lawsuit (I’m not going to choose links, you can google any of those and bone up on them yourself based on your preferred news sources). Not pleasant stuff, but we might as well make the most of it and start hashing these practices out while it’s fresh on our minds.
This is a clip from THE LOST 1977 COMIC BOOK DOCUMENTARY .
Today at Toy Fair in New York City, new Mr. Potato Head collectible figures of Superman, Batman and Wonder are making their debut courtesy of Warner Bros. Consumer Products and PPW Toys, under a licensing agreement with Hasbro. It marks the first time DC Comics characters are receiving the Potato Head treatment.
SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #1 Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER
EARTH TWO #1 Written by JAMES ROBINSON
ACTION COMICS #9 Written by GRANT MORRISON
BATMAN, INCORPORATED #1 Written by GRANT MORRISON
GREEN LANTERN #9 Written by GEOFF JOHNS
- Starting Today: CGC Insider – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Comic Book Grading, And More - January 19, 2017
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016