DailyWatch: The Oklahoma Daily comes out against Before Watchmen.
SpudWatch: USA Today covers Batman and Superman and Mr Potato Heads.
CockroachWatch: An Iranian exiled over his cartoons is creating a new graphic novel about his experience.
Neyestani’s autobiographical comic book “An Iranian Metamorphosis,” a Kafkaesque story recounting his jailing in Iran over a cartoon depicting a cockroach that sparked riots in 2006, is due to hit stores on February 16…
Neyestani was jailed in Tehran’s notorious Evin prison in 2006 over a cartoon published in the children’s section of the governmental Iran newspaper which showed a boy repeating the Farsi word for cockroach in different ways — while a cockroach in front of him asked “What?” in Azeri.
The cartoon triggered riots between Iran’s large Azeri minority — people of Turkish origin living mainly in the north of the country — and the majority ethnic Persian population.
DeathWatch: Inside Pulse looks at the further merging of DC and Wildstorm storylines.
BindingWatch: More graphic novel comparisons.
MoneyWatch: Gary Friedrich fundraising efforts online begin.
They say I am a work in progress. The fools.
The war to save the Marvel Universe in continues this May as the Avengers go head to head against the X-Men while the all-powerful Phoenix Force hurdles towards Earth!
Today, witness the first adventure of the Fantastic Four in FANTASTIC FOUR: SEASON ONE, on sale now at comic shops across the country and in the Marvel Comics app!
Graphitti plans an Animal Man shirt that will tie directly into the comic book, as one of the characters is wearing the shirt in an upcoming issue.
All he wanted was $3K to buy him some time to compile the entire run of the strip into ebook format. Right now, he’s got a bit over $22K pledged for the project. According the Stevens, it only took about 45 minutes to raise the money.
- 46 Sketches And Commissions Bought At C2E2, From Sharp To Stelfreeze, From Roux To Rossmo - April 29, 2017
- “A Poor Man’s Dave McKean” – A Two Year Long Journey To Finding A Niche - April 29, 2017
- Free Comic Book Day Event Cancelled In Florida Because It Wouldn’t Mix Well With The Art Crowd… - April 29, 2017
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017