The Croods is the next project from Chris Sanders, the cult animation director who worked on Lilo & Stitch and How To Train your Dragon, and Kirk DeMicco, a screenwriter on the in-development Hong Kong Phooey film. In earlier iterations, it was an Aardman animation called Crood Awakening and with John Cleese on the writing staff but… well, things like that change, in animation, and Chris Sanders will know that better than most.
Not much has been seen of the film so far, outside of some fuzzy shots of a poster at a licensing show, but a Little Bleeder sent me this nice quality image. Click through to make it nice and big.
Some of those characters will be getting voices from Nicolas Cage, Ryan Reynolds, Emma Stone, Catherine Keener and Cloris Leachman. I think it’s fairly easy to match them up.
Accompanying the poster was this new, official blurb for the film:
The Croods takes us back to the beginning – to a previously undiscovered era known as the Croodacious – a time when Mother Nature was still experimenting and the flora and fauna we know today had yet to evolve. At the heart of this comically chaotic world is the Crood family, led by Grug, an over-protective father who, like all dads, is doing everything he can to hold his family together as the world around them changes at a dramatic pace. The Croods is scheduled for release in the spring of 2013.
That sounds okay, sure, but I have to be honest: they had me at Chris Sanders.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014