A viral promotion for The Amazing Spider-Man is underway, based around the website Mark of the Spiderman. It’s looking to be one of the more elaborate, real-world ARG affairs, complete with hidden swag.
Earlier today, a twitter feed associated with the “Mark” site distributed a series of geo co-ordinates, each leading to a local comic book shop. Super Hero Hype stopped by theirs, and found… Peter Parker’s backpack.
First, let’s look at what it contained:
Now, look more closely at that last image. See that it reads:
This letter will be the first of many and the first letter is always the key.
So, reading down the first letter of each line in the black box gives me…
So, of course, I headed to www.markofthespiderman.com/prepare
There’s a kind of cypher here, wider than a signle screen so scroll along to see it all. This seems to tell me an order to use to click on the fuzzy screens on the main page…
1 6 4 2 5 3 2 4 5 3 2 1 6 3 6 2 1 4 2 5
…but nothing is working. Yet. But I think it will. Or maybe letters will appear on those screens, leading to another URL…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014