Filming on the next series of Doctor Who is set to kick off on the 20th of February, a nice long lead on the show’s autumn premiere date. With pre-production underway, it’s safe to assume that the team will have some scripts in hand, and while the full roster of scribes for the season has yet to be revealed, we can name three of them.
Besides Steven Moffat, which I suppose was almost too obvious to trouble you with, returning writers will include Toby Whithouse and Chris Chibnall, with the latter creating a story that will need a huge set – apparently one of the biggest in the show’s history.
Those guys were put in the frame by Doctor Who Magazine, but it’s SFX that got the juicier info. Whithouse told the magazine, during their Weekender jolly, that his episode is intended to come third in the series and will be “one of the last” Amy and Rory stories.
But not the last, as Moffat is writing that episode himself. It’s not surprising.
He was working on that episode when he gave an interview to The University Observer:
I’m writing that right now, the big Rory and Amy heartbreaking finale. It will be quite heartbreaking. I think you’ll be in trouble watching it.
It’s true – he has a way of plucking the heart strings that Moffat, and when you’d least expect it at times, too. I know Rich has shed bucket loads of tears over Press Gang, and Jane’s scene with Steve in the kitchen in the last episode of Coupling cut me quite deeply as well.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014