Another Wednesday, another set of MPAA ratings from the guys at CARA. This week, however, a real surprise nestled away near the bottom.
Newly awarded a G rating is a new Disney submission, Paperman. The only information given is that it’s a “short subject.”
Luckily, Google exists.
What I managed to find so far are a couple of references to people who worked on the short. A post at Motivarti names Scott Watanabe as a Visual Development Artist on the film, as well as Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph.
Meanwhile, animator Patrick Osborne posted the following to his own blog:
We’re finishing up a rather exciting project at Disney in the next few weeks. It’s been keeping me pretty busy and away from this blog. The short is called Paperman. Directed by John Kahrs, the short will be running the festival circuit next year.
We’re very proud of this one and can’t wait to show the world.
He credits Kristina Reed as the producer, Jeff Turley as the art director and Kyle Odermat as the VFX supervisor.
Director Kahrs is a former Pixar animator who moved over to Walt Disney Animation in 2008. He was the animation supervisor for Rapunzel in Tangled. In short, he’s got skills.
So, there’s not much known about Paperman so far. I don’t think we should expect it with Wreck-It Ralph, as there’s still another Toy Story Short to play out, not to mention the previous Disney shorts Glago’s Quest and Tick Tock Tale.
Indeed, the way things have been going, this film might not play outside of animation festivals for years. But here’s hoping.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014