I’ve been confused about the continued appearance of tennis balls in marketing materials for Nacho Vigalondo‘s Extraterrestrial since they first started showing up. This new poster doesn’t iron out any of the confusion at all.
What I take away from this design is that the distributors in the film’s native Spain are selling it on the ensemble, and on the good word of critics, with a wink and a nod to the alien invasion plot in the background. Very fair, as I understand the film is… well, is a critically well-received character piece with an alien invasion plot in the background.
Perhaps the gun is slightly misleading. I’d have to see the film to know for sure. So… when can I see the film? Please?
Vigalondo is working with Mark Millar on the Supercrooks movie, co-writing the script and planning to direct. His debut feature, Timecrimes, was an instant inductee to movie cultdom.
Thanks to El Septimo Arte for the poster.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014