The original Avatar was a long time coming, and a lot of James Cameron‘s fans had read his detailed scriptment some years before the picture even went into production. Things are moving much more quickly on the sequels. I’m sure this is in part because the technology is now at a level where Cameron’s ideas are possible; I suspect it has just as much to do with Fox hurrying up their return to the incredibly rich Bank of Pandora.
The best idea we have of where Cameron is at with the films right now might come from a new interview with Sigourney Weaver, speaking to Bad Taste at a film festival in Marrakech. Here’s the Google translation of their translation:
I read early versions of the script, but I can not say anything else James Cameron comes here and kills me. I can say that I’ll be in both, we will turn them one after another and explore worlds that were not touched in the first episode… What is certain is that Cameron will begin filming in the new Avatar only after going underwater in a submarine that will build special purpose. I think it should go up to the Mariana Trench. Having put his hand on the Titanic for the 3D version has given him many ideas for narrative Avatar.
I think we can get the gist.
What remains to be seen is how Weaver’s character is reincorporated into the story. Some have suggested that we’ll be seeing her in flashbacks, but I’ve got a different idea…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014