Here’s another image of Noomi Rapace and Logan Marshall-Green in Ridley Scott‘s Prometheus doing just what they were in most of the others: looking off-frame at who-knows-what.
Peep over their shoulders, however, and you’ll see some symbols written into the (faux) masonry. There’s no way that somebody as detail-obsessed as Scott has allowed for merely random shapes to be carved into his (polystyrene) rock, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they can, somehow, be deciphered.
The alien text in Futurama is acheived via a simple replacement alphabet but surely something serious like Prometheus hasn’t gone for a language so “unrealistic.” There’s probably far too little data to be working with here, but this seems like a job for a codebreaker. I would page Bletchley Park but I think they’re still just on morse telegraphs and I don’t speak dot-dash.
Thanks to EW for the image. It had appeared in print before, this is its debut in purely digital form.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014