Ridley Scott seems to be rather prone to a kind of self-nostalgia, perhaps a sort of homesickness for his own fantasy worlds.
Having journeyed back to the Alien universe for this year’s Prometheus, he’s also busy planning for a new trip into his other future with a Blade Runner follow-up.
And what’s more, a new rumour has it that Harrison Ford is negotiating to come back for this new picture. Must have taken some big digging to find a hole for these monster hatchets.
It’s pretty much just hearsay at the moment, and it cuts against everything else we’ve heard about the project, but Twitch are staking at least a portion of their credibility on the story.
The site would seem to have a source near the production. A few months back they reported that Contagion and The Informant! screenwriter Scott Z. Burns was Big Ridley’s pick for script duties, though this was denied by Burns’ reps and, not long afterwards Scott said:
I think I’m close to finding a writer that might be able to help me deliver. We’re quite a long way in, actually.
But it’s another comment from the same interview that seems the most salient right now:
[It’s] liable to be a sequel… not with the past cast, of course.
So we’ll have to wait and see how this pans out, but Scott seems to have undermined all of Twitch’s stories. What we don’t know is his motivation – and there is always the chance that he’s just looking to spread misinformation, keep secrets, bury the big surprises.
He is the man who keeps insisting that Prometheus isn’t an Alien prequel after-all.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014