Harry Knowles has “reviewed” a draft of the script over at Aint It Cool, one dated after Diablo Cody delivered her “polish” but without her name on the title page.
Having read Knowles’ thoughts, some of his “talkbackers” found their intrigue still unsated and engaged him in a little bit of Q&A that took the conversation even deeper into spoiler territory.
Of course, I read it all – and I know many of you will too.
I’ll warn you now that I’m about to acknowledge some of the spoilers myself, so turn back immediately if you want to stay pure.
But if you want to know if the chainsaw turns up (yes), if there’s a tree rape (yes) and if the drug intervention plot leads to a double ending (yes, but not the most obvious one), then Harry’s your man. He even discusses whether or not this is a remake or, as some had wondered, a kind of sequel (possibly).
What he can’t tell us, because nobody knows just yet, is if this thing is going to come off. The script’s attempts to be dramatic and scary are encouraging, but we’ll need this film’s debutant director to deliver just like Raimi did on his own first outing.
The gore’s in your court, Fede Alvarez.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014