Now that his tenure is winding down and his days in the TARDIS are almost over, we’re bound to hear tell of what Arthur Darvill will be doing once he’s said goodbye to The Doctor.
At least one of these projects will be very… interesting. Here’s the official blurb for Penguin:
The film tells the story of Sam (Darvill), a guy who is unlucky in love, who just happens to be a two-foot tall puppet penguin. We are currently in pre-production on the film, and have obtained our puppet, and have recorded Sam’s dialogue. The next step will be principal photography, which we have provisionally set for the end of March.
And here’s the puppet. His pupils are CG creations, apparently. In this image, I think they’re little more than MS paint mouse-clicks, but they’re bound to improve on that in the actual film.
There’s a tie to Darvill’s past here – apparently, his mother was the Why Bird on the I’m-A-Bit-Too-Old-For-This-One kids’ show, Playbus.
Also starring in the short will be Daniel Caren, as a human, with his own pupils. Good work, Daniel – that will help cut down on post production nicely.
If you want to support the project, they have an Indie Go Go page set up. Penguin has been written and will be directed by Jack Gregson, and amongst its producers are sometime Bleeding Cool contributor and “man about town,” Ben Mortimer.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014