According to a rather astonishing new rumour, a well-worn but pretty wild sci-fi staple could be on the cards for Star Wars-ification. Be warned that the following is a potential spoiler… for a potential show. We may not ever get to see Star Wars Underworld at all, let alone with this plot point in place, so you might consider it more safe than usual to read on.
Okay. So, you know that idea in Doctor Who last year about going back in time and killing Hitler? And also in that one Twilight Zone with Katharine Heigl? And sort of in Red Dwarf, and loads more too? Well, you can’t exactly do that in the Star Wars universe. They do have time travel, but they don’t have Hitler.
So, instead, one would have to go back in time to try to wipe out Darth Vader.
As Aint It Cool put it:
one of the series’ first episodes will involve a group of bandits acquiring the capability of time travel, and using it to travel back in time to stop Darth Vader from ever existing.
That’s according to an “untested” source. Nice use of the word “bandits” – quite evocative of a character type. Interesting that these wouldn’t be common or garden members of the rebel alliance.
Now… why Vader, and not The Emperor? Maybe the clue is in the exact wording – “to stop Darth Vader from ever existing.” Perhaps they’re not out to slaughter the young Anakin (though I can think of plenty of people who would like that) but to keep him on the straight and narrow, away from the dark side?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014